0

-Chapter One

No, i will not reveal the title of this novel. And no, this is mine. NO STEALING IDEAS. Pwease :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

-Chapter One

It was a rainy day when I stepped out of Amour. I walked on to the streets hurriedly. I was rushing to get that watch I had my eye on a few months ago. I’ve always wanted those type of watches. And this one particular watch caught my eye when I was walking past it to work. I’ve been working harder than usual in making my cakes. Now I’ve finally got the month’s salary, and it’s just enough to buy that watch.

I stepped in the watch shop, only to find that there was this other guy pointing towards the watch. ‘I want that one.’ he said to the sales attendant.
‘Wait!’ I shouted in protest. ‘I want this watch! I’ve got my eye on it a few months ago!’ I hurriedly said. ‘Then get another one at another shop. This is mine.’ The guy said sarcastically.
‘No.’
‘I got here first.’
‘I’ve had my eye on this longer than the time you came here.’
‘Then just get another one. I want the one on the display.’
I turned and looked at the sales attendant. She looked apologetic and said ‘I’m sorry sir. This is the last piece. Because this watch is a limited edition and many people bought it the past few weeks.’
‘Heard that? This is the last piece. And it’s mine.’ I said while glaring at the guy. ‘It’s mine.’ He glared back at me while walking to the display. ‘I told you, I got here first.’ ‘So?’ I said while walking faster than him to the display. ‘So that means it’s mine.’ He said angrily while pushing me away. ‘Oh yeah? I’m going to get it first.’ I said while shoving him away with my shoulder.
Both of us struggled until suddenly, I felt myself tripping over a wire on the floor. I toppled over onto the display and I could hear the glass crash behind me. I could also feel a sharp pain on my back. The other guy also fell over me.
Suddenly, he was on top of me and I could smell blood all over us. ‘Curse my sensitive nose!’ I thought angrily to myself. The sales attendant rushed over and checked the damages we made. ‘Please call the ambulance, thanks.’ the guy said while getting up from me.
He suddenly let out a sharp yell and all the pedestrians all looked his way. ‘Stop moving! There is a big piece of glass in your buttock!’ I cried out to him. His face flushed with anger and embarrassment. ‘Shut up, bastard! There are people here!’ he hissed.
‘So what? You’re hurt okay! So you shut up and listen to me!’ I hissed back at him. He looked stunned and didn’t move. Suddenly, I could see nothing but black and felt numb.
‘Ey… Hey…’ I slowly opened my eyes. I could see Lancer looking concerned in front of me.
‘Hey, get off me. I’m not gay, how many times I did I tell you that?’ I slowly got up and looked around. ‘It’s a h-o-s-p-i-t-a-l you jackass.’ He said sarcastically at me. ‘Sorry, just felt unsecure that you might do something and the fact that you’re gay makes me feel more insecure.’
Lancer looked a little offended by that then said ‘Whatever. Anyways, you have to pay me back a thousand.’
‘For what?’ I asked anxiously.
‘For breaking that watch shop window, you idiot.’
‘Ow. Ok, I’ll give you back your thousand later.’ I said while rubbing my left nipple where Lancer just made a painful twist and turn.
‘Good boy.’ He said to me while patting my head. ‘I’m not your son and you’re not my proud father.’ ‘Jeez, stop being so sensitive about what I do and say, Mark.’ Lancer said affectionally. I just swiped his hand off my head and said ‘Yeah, like I can do that. People other than you and me will think the other way. And how many times did I tell you and everyone I’m straight?’ Lancer just shook his head and gave me an ‘I don’t know’ kind of face.
‘Oh yeah. And that guy that was laying on you,’
‘What? He died? Good riddance.’ I say while looking out the window for some reason.
‘No. He’s still alive and he’s just beside me’ Lancer said while pulling the curtain beside my bed and that guy looked shocked.
He looked away and said ‘I’m still alive, thanks.’ as sarcastically as he could. ‘And my name isn’t guy. It’s Daniel. Daniel Hays.’ ‘Oh well, welcome, Daniel dumb. I saved your life you know. If I didn’t call you to not move, you would be rotting inside the nearest graveyard by now.’ I said while staring hard at him.
He has grayish eyes, an average nose and a mouth that looked like my boss’, David’s. He stared back at me and said ‘You’re judging me aren’t you? Well, my brother is coming soon so I won’t need to see you anymore and you can’t stare at me.’ Then he sticked out his tongue at me.
‘Childish.’ I said to no one in particular.
‘And, what’s your name, you saved-my-life bastard.’
‘It’s Mark.’
‘I suppose its Mark Wacko.’ He pointed out.
‘I’m sorry, but apparently it’s not. It’s Mark Watson.’ I glare at him saying.
‘Watson, eh?’ he looked up into the ceiling.
Suddenly I heard a loud thumping noise outside. It sounded like someone running heavily. The door was slammed open, and guess what. This Daniel’s brother is here, and apparently the brother is my boss.
Daniel looked at him and yelled until I felt he could break the window glass. ‘David! I’m glad you’re here! My most faithful and dutiful brother!’ he yelled using a girly, cute voice. Utterly disgusting, actually, and childish. David just looked at me and said ‘Oh, so you’ve met him.’ ‘Who?’ I asked back curiously. ‘My brother. You know the one we talked about yesterday.’ Daniel edged more to David.
‘Brother, is this the guy you said I could… Stay with?’ he asked timidly to David. David nodded his head and Daniel looked like he could just die from a heart attack. ‘Now, now. Daniel, I really can’t fit you and your stuff in my apartment. So you’ve got to be consent living with Mark and not out in the streets.’
I stared at both the brothers in disbelief. ‘This… This is the Daniel we’ve been talking about yesterday? That… Your little brother?’ ‘Well, his name is Daniel. And he’s my brother. So, yes.’ I looked at David with my face saying ‘What the hell?’
‘Well, you said you’d accept him. And he was supposed to come by the café but he called me a few hours late and told me he is in the hospital with this jerk that half saved and half killed him. And you’ve met already. In the hospital. By the way, why are you in the hospital?’
I blushed red because I was furious and excused myself saying ‘I need to pee’ and pulled Lancer out with me.
‘Hey, Mark.’ Lancer said cautiously because he knows I’m going to burst with anger any second. ‘You… Why did you drag me out here? Unless you want to date me, that is?’ ‘No, it’s not that. I’m straight, for the thousandth time. But I just don’t want to put that Daniel guy in my house.’
‘I think no can do, lad. You know how much David hates people that break their promises.’ ‘Well, I know… And he said how nice Daniel was but he wasn’t as I expected.’ I answered while hesitating. ‘What can you do? You did promise David about this, right?’
‘Yeah. I guess I did.’
‘Then all you can do now is just accept Daniel. Unless you want to break your friendship with David, then you’d better take him in.’ Lancer said. I just stared helplessly at him and he stared back at me.
I really didn’t want to spoil my friendship with David, because I admire him very much. But I also don’t want to keep Daniel in my house.
I looked at Lancer for help but he just shrugged and went back into the patient room. I leaned on the wall and stared helplessly at the ceiling, waiting for the light bulb on top of my head to light up. But sadly, it didn’t.

0 0pinions | C0mments:

Post a Comment

You've come to the end of this blog page. Please proceed backwards/forwards.
Back to Top